Hey I am still having thse problems. I have tried to tick/untick and use no username and password as well as just use the username. still nothing gives me the same error. and when i click the test connection button, it wont work either. but the test works fine when i use the username and password.

any ideas?

Thanks
Trev

From: "Trevor McNamara" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [U2] UniVerse in VB .NET
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 19:42:20 +1000

Thanks heaps for that mate, I will give it a go when i am at work tomorrow.

Thanks

Trev

From: "Brian Leach" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 09:27:23 +0100

Trevor

the OleDB connection property pages include two options: one for allowing a blank
password and one for saving the password.

Neither of these work.

You need to connect using a user name that is passworded, and supply the password
manually when you open your connection.

Regards,

Brian

On Thu, 20 May 2004 15:58:47 +1000
"Trevor McNamara" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Hey, I am having come probs with connecting to UniVerse 10 DB with VB .NET (VS .NET)
>
>I I can setup the UCI.SONFIG file fine and the Test Connection works fine. But once i
>click on Ok to add it i get an error:
>
>Unable to connect to database.
>Died in UCI::SQLConnect() with SQLSTATE IM980, Native error:0 [IBM][SQL Client]Remote
>password is required.
>
>When i click ok it comes up again. Then i click ok again it goes away.
>
>Any ideas on how to fix this?
>
>Thanks
>Trev

>This email was checked by MessageLabs SkyScan before entering Microgen.

________________________________________________________________________ This email was checked on leaving Microgen for viruses, similar malicious code and inappropriate content by MessageLabs SkyScan.

DISCLAIMER

This email and any attachments are confidential and may also be
privileged.

If you are not the named recipient, please notify the sender
immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other
person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information.

In the event of any technical difficulty with this email, please
contact the sender or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Microgen Information Management Solutions
http://www.microgen.co.uk
http://www.u2ug.org/listinfo/u2-users