If you're running UV on Windows - I think (never actually tried it) you can
setup Excel worksheets as ODBC Data Sources; then use BCI to pull the data
directly with a Basic program.

-______________________________________________________

This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain information
that is protected by law as privileged and confidential, and is
transmitted for the sole use of the intended recipient.  If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
use, dissemination, copying or retention of this e-mail or the
information contained herein is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender
by telephone or reply e-mail, and permanently delete this e-mail
from your computer system.  Thank you.
http://www.u2ug.org/listinfo/u2-users