I do not have a VOC record that looks like this one. Could it be from
the software that you are running.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mahinda
Rathnayaka
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 4:29 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [U2] Universe VOC pointer problem

Hi,

Can anyone give me a solution to the following problem?

What is mean by the dispatch type in VOC pointers? It is clear to me
that
when it is !'B!( it means the word is BASIC program and its path is in
the
second field of the pointer. Then the processor can go to that path and
can
execute the program. But What will happen (How it works) when the third
field is E (External), I (Internal), P (Primitive command), Q (query
command)

For more clarification about the problem some details are given below

A VOC verb entry contains the following:

Line Field Contents
001: V ndescription
002: processor
003: dispatch type
004: processor mode
005:!Vnnn: reserved

dispatch type can be one of the following codes:

Code Dispatch Type

B BASIC program
C C shell script
D DOS batch files