I don't know if anyone can help with this but here goes...

I'm toying around with using Redback with Java - kicked off by an article in
the latest International Spectrum Magazine (Using Redback with PHP). I
couldn't get PHP to work with Java, so I went straight to a Java app.

I am able to get the Java app to connect to the Redback server, and make a
method call - which kicks off a routine on the Universe server and then
returns some data.

Now, here's the rub.. My initial testing is using Mac OS X. Shouldn't really
matter, Java is Java (hah). I have the RedBeans.jar file on the Mac and the
test.jar file is created when I compile my little test app. But, when the
routine returns a multi-valued item, the value of the SubValue (@SM)
character is wrong, so I can't pull sub-values out of a result. The Value
mark (@VM) is correct (CHAR(253)). The SubValue mark is being return in the
string as a CHAR(184). Now, if I copy the test.jar file to a PC, and run it
there (java -jar test.jar) - it works fine! The SubValues in the string have
their correct value (CHAR(252)).

Now, it's the exact same .jar file, which includes the exact same
RedBeans.jar library (it's merged into the test.jar file).

I'm stumped.  Any Java-heads out there who can shed some light?

Thanks,

---
John Tsombakos - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Manager of Web Development