-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dawn M. Wolthuis
Sent: Friday, 18 June 2004 12:07 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [U2] .Net Provider for Unidata or Universe

Cache' blankets the Java market with ads as well.  But I'd be very curious
how their market compares to the U2 market.  There are other MUMPs
implementations, but not as many as PICK.  I don't know if they are "bigger"
than U2 -- any guesses?  I have no clue whether their marketing strategy is
working to grow them significantly beyond their initial MUMPs base, but I'm
definitely curious.

In preparing the agenda for the Sept 19 meeting of the U2UG in Las Vegas (to
which everyone is invited!) we are planning to have significant discussions
about the topic of marketing U2 and the underlying database.  Even if IBM
does not do that type of marketing, potentially the U2UG could do some
marketing in the future. Just a thought -- all ideas are welcome.  Cheers!
--dawn

Dawn M. Wolthuis
Tincat Group, Inc.
www.tincat-group.com