In a message dated 7/9/2004 2:02:49 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> I'm trying to determine for my homegrown editor when a keystroke is pressed
> in Unidata.
>
>   KEY = IN()
>   KEY.ID=KEY
>
>    What do I need to do next to make the KEY.ID into a useful value to
> check?
>
> CHAR?
> SEQ?

Hire a consultant. By the way why not just say KEY.ID = IN()
Voila! I have reduced your program by 50% ! Send me my check, thnks.
Make sure you work on the arrow, insert, delete, home, and end keys first,
they tend to be the deal breakers when making your own editor.  Tab, Esc,
backspace, enter are relatively easy in comparison.
Will Johnson
Fast Forward