In a message dated 7/13/2004 7:23:17 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> In terms of data-
> For writing 1800 records on a file by Universe it takes 3 min. (when C is
> not
> running)
> For processing 1800 records C process takes very less time (when universe is
> not running)
>
> But if both processes are running then it takes about 25 mins to complete
> the
> process.

Ashish have you considered using many type 19 files, not one?
Why not write each row as a seperate file ?
I would think there is some kind of file-open contention going on and this is
the source of your problem.
Writing each row as a seperate file might correct that.
Will