The VOC file on my UV/NT box is set up as a type 3 file .. I'm thinking that
that's NOT the right type for the file, but I'm not sure yet ..

The CREATE.FILE documentation says that type 2 to 18 are hashed files ..
HASH.HELP says that type 3 files should be used for mostly NUMERIC keys and
also says that most of the keys in my VOC are full ASCII and should use type
4,8,12,16 ..

I can't find any other specific documentation about the HASH types, but my
inclination is to change the VOC from type 3 to type 4 ..

Has anyone had any negative experiences with this?

Thanks,
-Chuck