Yeah, the BSELECT works, I'm using it as an alternative... I just like
to ensure to remove duplicates too which is why I was using SAVING
UNIQUE.  I was just wondering why the value marks... And the thing is
that its only when using LIST.ALGEBRA that I found a problem with this.
If you just do a plain LIST on the table from the active select list you
don't get this problem when using SAVING UNIQUE.

ps/ Another way to get rid of the value marks is to do the following...

SELECT PERSON.ST 3152750 SAVING UNIQUE PST.ROOM.ASSIGNMENTS
SELECT ROOM.ASSIGNMENTS * this removes the extra data
SAVE.LIST X.1

fascinating stuff...

Thanks for all the feedback,
Phil

--
Philippe Parent - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Programmer Analyst, Administrative Information Services (ITS)