> Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 09:51:36 -0700
> From: David Scoggins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> We now are considering installing McAfee AV on the Universe
> servers anyway in light of this event.  Does anyone have any
> recommendations regarding how to eliminate the McAfee/UV
> conflict, or is there a better alternative - e.g. Symantec/Norton,
> AVG, F-Prot, etc?

Consider looking at Sophos (http://www.sophos.com).  You can download an
evaluation version from their website, although you do have to register to
get it.

I don't use U2 on Windows, but I know that Sophos takes a very
non-intrusive approach and does not affect system performance as much as
Norton.  The "on access" scanner keeps track of clean files, so it only
scans files that have changed.

--Tom Pellitieri
  Century Equipment
  Toledo, Ohio