Hi Rod,
        I assist my customers who run both UniVerse and UniData in the Pick
flavor and created the following dict item to SUM the values from another
record:

0001: I (SQL)}}NUMERIC}Y}}}
0002: SUM(TRANS('WO-BOM',F0,3,'X'))
0003: MD4
0004: Test SUM
0005: 8R
0006: S
0007:

WO........ List values Test SUM

1004            5.0000  11.0000
                5.0000
                1.0000
1021            3.0000   3.0000
1038            1.0000   1.0000
S01011          1.0000   5.0000
                1.0000
                1.0000
                1.0000
                1.0000
1055                     0.0000
1072                     0.0000

        Your dict item reminds me of the old PICK days.  I still have 1
customer running the PICK operating system.

Have a Great Day!