.Net is a frame work, similar to the UniVerse Virtial Machine for UniBasic.
If I have a VB .Net application then I need the .Net Framework to run
underneath it.  If I am using ASP.Net then it is only required on the web
server, not the web browser client.

As far as I am aware the .Net framework is available for Win NT 4 and I
think it is available for Windows 98, but Microsoft is aiming everybody to
be running on the NT platform of some sort and no longer deal with the
issues of the DOS related Win 95 & Win 98.  You can download the frameworks
from the Microsoft site.

If Uniobjects .Net is a .Net assembley, then it should run anywhere that the
.Net frame work runs as well as probably on the Linux version as well.

Regards

David Jordan