Are you running the deadlock universe process? That could be doing it.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Sibut Pascal
Sent: 11 October 2004 17:12
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: [U2] Readu lock lost after 1 hour.

Dear all,

I had problem in a batch application so
I have written 2 small test programs

PGM1
   OPEN "TEST" TO TEST ELSE STOP "CANT OPEN TEST"
   READU R.TEST FROM TEST,"1" THEN
      LOOP
         SLEEP 60
      REPEAT
   END
END

PGM2
   OPEN "TEST" TO TEST ELSE STOP "CANT OPEN TEST"
   CRT OCONV(TIME(),"MTS") : " READU START"
   READU R.TEST FROM TEST,"1" THEN
      CRT OCONV(TIME(),"MTS") : " READU END"
   END
END

I have launch PGM1 on a first telnet session and let it run.

Then, I have launch PGM2 on a second telnet session.

I was expecting the PGM2 waits until I kill PGM1.
Instead of that I get the following output from PGM2:

--------------------------------
10:56:08 READU START
11:56:09 READU END
---------------------------------

It seems the locks are automatically released by UV after one hour ???

Is something wrong in my configuration ?
Does this mean the READU locks are released after one hour ?
Is there a tunable parameter to adjust this delay ?

Can anybody help me ?

I am using UV 9.5.2.1 on an alpha server Unix tru64 V5.1

Thanks and regards,

====== The EFG Mail Gateway made the following annotation(s). ======
-------- Disclaimer ----------------------------
This e-mail is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you
should not copy it, re-transmit it, use it or disclose its contents, but
should return it to the sender immediately and delete the copy from your
system.
EFG is not responsible for, nor endorses, any opinion, recommendation,
conclusion, solicitation, offer or agreement or any information
contained in this communication.
EFG cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of
this message as it has been transmitted over a public network. If you
suspect that the message may have been intercepted or amended, please
call the sender.
Should you require any further information, please contact the
Compliance Manager on [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The information contained in this email is strictly confidential and for the use of
the addressee only, unless otherwise indicated. If you are not the intended recipient,
please do not read, copy, use or disclose to others this message or any attachment.
Please also notify the sender by replying to this email or by telephone +44 (0)20 7896
0011 and then delete the email and any copies of it. Opinions, conclusions (etc.) that
do not relate to the official business of this company shall be understood as neither
given nor endorsed by it.  IG Markets Limited and IG Index Plc are authorised and
regulated by the Financial Services Authority and, in Australia, by the Australian
Securities and Investments Commission.