-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of uniVerse mailing
list
Sent: Tuesday, 28 September 2004 1:24 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [U2] SQL Administrator for Uv on NT

there is at relelase 10.1 of Universe a command
CHANGE.DOMAIN.

Run this from the uv account as the dba.

CHANGE.DOMAIN OLDNAME NEWNAME
Else you need to do the following - read ALL the document fully - twice
before proceeding and I disclaim all knowledge of this (but it does
work!)

the UV_USERS file is updtaed with the GRANT command. The
GRANT command can only be used by users named in the UV_USERS file that

have DBA rights.

Catch 22.

You have 2 options,

1. Reinstall UniVerse

2. Follow the notes below which will add a valid user to the UV_USERS
file
which is a member of the administrators group on the local system.

Please not that these steps are not "official", but more a "backdoor"

approach - just like you see in the movies.

1) login as a local administrator.

2) logto the main uv account.

3) create a verb pointer to filepeek as follows:

. FILEPEEK

. 001 V

. 002 filepeek.exe

. 003 E

. 004 BG

Filepeek is a hex editor we will use to alter the properties of the

UV_USERS file temporarily so that we can add a valid user to the
UV_USERS
file.

4) Use filepeek to edit the UV_USERS file:

a. FILEPEEK <<F(VOC,UV_USERS,2)>>

b. at the 'Addr: ' prompt enter 'sw 20'

c. next enter '0'

d. verify that the second column on the first line of the hex addresses
is
"ACEF010C". If this is NOT true, then do not proceed. This is the file

revision level and affects where information is stored within the file.

e. enter "w 5c=0". This will indicate the data currently . present at
that
address, for example

"Data is: 0x00000800"

Write down this value as you will need this later. . Enter 'y' to make
the
change.

f. enter 'w 208=0'. The data present should be '0x00000001'. . enter 'y'
make the change.

g. enter 'q' to exit filepeek.

Please note that filepeek is an all-or-nothing tool - you don't get any

"are you sure?" prompts!

5. Use the regular ED command to edit the record that used to be the DBA

for this system. Within editor, file this record using the new user ID.

>ED UV_USERS

Record name = IBM-WH-TN\Joel Yates

5 lines long.

----: FILE IBM-WH-TN\dan

6. Now reverse the changes made in step 4 by using filepeek to put the
data
back into the file.

7. Use the GRANT command to ensure the new user id is correct for a DBA

(ie., "GRANT DBA TO dan;")

8. Logto the sql\catalog directory (which is a schema).

LOGTO .\SQL\CATALOG

9. Use the GRANT command to add the new user id to all the sql tables:

UV_SCHEMA

UV_ASSOC

UV_COLUMNS

UV_TABLES

UV_VIEWS

UV_USERS

for example: "GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON UV_USERS TO dan WITH GRANT
OPTION;"
10. If desired use the 'REVOKE' command to remove any users . from the

tables that are no longer valid.

Please take a copy of UV_USERS before attempting this and once again be

aware that filepeekcan be a dangerous tool as it does what it is told

without asking.