> Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 01:56:37 -0400
> From: "Mark Johnson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: [U2] Fancy Printer
> Second, sort of for D3. Are there any repetitive printer strings that
could be
> send to the printer that precedes the actual output for each hold file.
I'm
> dancing with a few clients having medium HP printers and the same report
comes
> out landscape or portrait depending on the previous output (pick or word
> documents etc). I would like to either precede the output with an ESC E
> clear to the defaults or actually force the default continuously.

Are you using D3 from Windows or some *nix variant?  When we first added
our printers to the Windows network (we previously had them only attached
to the AIX system) we had to do a few things.  The easiest was to have AIX
Defaults set to "no initialization" and "restore printer".  This let AIX
reset the printer after each job, as Windows seemed to be doing this as
well.

If you have strictly Windows printers, I would make certain they include an
Esc-E at the end of each job.  Sorry I can't give you specifics, but this
would leave the printer at default settings, and the next job would have to
change what it needed.

--Tom Pellitieri
  Century Equipment