We had this problem (in reverse) when converting a database from a unix
system to NT.  I had forgotten all about it (working almost exclusively with
NT/win2000 systems for the past 9 years or so).

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Jefferson, Jim
Sent: Friday, October 08, 2004 09:49
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [U2] RE: gvim on UD

This may not apply, but my recollection is that unless you specify a
"binary" transfer type when ftp'ing your ftp client and server should
properly negotiate the <CRLF> to <LF> (and vice versa) swaps.  If you're
specifying binary, this conversion does not take place which would leave you
with the extraneous CR's in your file.

Jim