I've read a few of these posts. Let me see if I understand the situation
by sharing my solution.

I roll my own printing routines for either paper or screen. Here's a
skeleton of how I do it:

execute 'SELECT FILE WITH PARAMS...'
loop
   readnext KEY else DONE = 1
until DONE do
   execute 'LIST FILE ':KEY:' FIELDS TO CAPTURE' capturing REPORT.OUT
   if CNT = 0 or mod(CNT,27) = 0 then
      if CNT > 0 then REC<-1> = char(12) ; ! form feed for printing
      REC<-1> = ' Report Header info'
      REC<-1> = ''
      REC<-1> = ' COLUMN HEADER INFO OF CAPTURED FIELDS'
      REC<-1> = ' ------ ------ ---- -- -------- ------'
      REC<-1> = ''
      PGCNT += 1 ; ! for printed report
   end
   CNT += 1
   REC<-1> = REPORT.OUT<6>
   REC<-1> = REPORT.OUT<7> ; ! blank line for double spacing
repeat

REPORT.OUT = REPORT.OUT<3,999999> ; ! I can't remember why I had to do this

Anyway, you get a general idea of how to roll your own reporting
mechanism. Now then, if you want something that's going to be the same for
multiple reports printed to the screen, I'm not anywhere near the
target...

So, I offer this without any implied or express warranty or serviceability
for any but my own project(s). I also use shell scripting extensively,
even for 'peering' inside hashed files now and then... Rolling my own is
more fun and I don't even smoke.

Karl

<quote who="Bill H.">
> Troy:
>
> I don't think this is possible.  I spent a day trying to find it.  There's
> bevy of stuff Universe doesn't do that D3 does easily.  This is one of
> them.
> :-(
>
> However, I think some mentioned the "Report Viewer".  I use this a lot and
> maybe it'll work for you.
>
> Bill

Karl L. Pearson
Director of IT,