-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Stu Glancy
Sent: 02 November 2004 18:04
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [U2][UV]telnet

Au contrair.  Tom Firl was able to give me exactly what I needed.  I was

able to build a PAragraph with <<inputs>> that executed a sh -c script
passing the inputs to allow login and execution of a shell script.  I
was after "concept" and Tom gave me concept. (See below.)  I used echo
to pass my inputs and all worked just fine.  If you were frustrated with

my posting then perhaps you didn't have the answer.

SH -c '(sleep 1; echo username; sleep 1; echo password; sleep 5; echo
"ls -l"; sleep 3; echo "exit") | telnet hostname'

Adrian Matthews wrote:

>I must admit that the original post is a good example of one of the
>things I find really frustrating about this list. People just don't
give
>enough info to get any real help.

for the use of the addressee only, unless otherwise indicated. If you
are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or
disclose to others this message or any attachment. Please also notify
the sender by replying to this email or by telephone +44 (0)20 7896 0011
and then delete the email and any copies of it. Opinions, conclusions
(etc.) that do not relate to the official business of this company shall
be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.  IG Markets Limited
and IG Index Plc are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services
Authority and, in Australia, by the Australian Securities and
Investments Commission.