the Coyote web server http://coyote.modsoft.com/
lets you write PICK/BASIC with HTML presentation.
quite fast and fairly easy to implement.
there are 2 ways to write an htm app. One way is
to use the developer referred to as: PLZ
the other is to write pick/basic code right in your
htm item like this:

001 <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
002 <HTML>
003 <HEAD>
004 <TITLE>|PAGE.TITLE|</TITLE>
005 </HEAD>
006 |RAW(BODY.TEXT)|
007 |RAW(VCAT.NAME)|
008 |RAW(DISPLAY.TEXT)|
009 |RAW(VCAT.ADDR)|
010 |RAW(EMAILIT)|&nbsp;|RAW(HOMEIT)|
011 |RAW(TIMEDATE)|
012 |RAW(PAGE.LINKS)|
013 |RAW(DISP.CNTR)|
014 <PRE>
015 PicLan-IP/BASIC | |
016 *
017 * Virtual Catalog
018 *
019 ABORT=0; *  set an abort flag for redirect
020 CALL CHECK.VCAT(ABORT)
021 IF ABORT THEN
022  R.ERR = '302 MOVED TEMPORARILY'
023  PL_ADD_HDR 'Location: index.htm'
024  RETURN
025 END
026 PL_GET_HDR RIP FROM \X-FORWARDED-FOR\ ELSE RIP = ST$RIP
027 DISP.CNTR=''
028 IF RIP # '' THEN
029  CALL UPDATE.CNTR(RIP,'WM_CTLG.HTM',DISP.CNTR)
030 END
031 PL_GETVAR ACTION FROM "BUTTON" ELSE ACTION=''
032 CONVERT "_" TO " " IN ACTION
033 PL_GETVAR CMD FROM "CMD" ELSE CMD=''
034 PL_GETVAR SEARCHWORDS FROM "SEARCHWORDS" ELSE SEARCHWORDS=''
035 IF ACTION = "Cart Review" THEN
036  CONVERT " " TO "_" IN ACTION
037  R.ERR = '302 MOVED TEMPORARILY'
038  XXX= 'Location: WM_CART.HTM?BUTTON=':ACTION
039  PL_ADD_HDR XXX
040  RETURN
041 END
042 PAGE.REC=''
043 CALL GEN.CTLG.SUB(PAGE.REC)
044 PAGE.TITLE    =  \Index of Catalog Selections\
045 VCAT.NAME     =  PAGE.REC<3> ; * virtual catalog name
046 VCAT.ADDR     =  PAGE.REC<4> ; * virtual catalog address
047 BODY.TEXT     =  PAGE.REC<5> ; * background color & image
048 PAGE.LINKS    =  PAGE.REC<6> ; * page links
049 EMAILIT       =  PAGE.REC<7> ; * email image / link
050 HOMEIT        =  PAGE.REC<8> ; * home image / link
051 TIMEDATE      =  PAGE.REC<9> ; * time date stamp
052 DISPLAY.TEXT  =  PAGE.REC<10> ; * middle stuff
053 *
054 </PRE>
055 </BODY>
056 </HTML>

notice you have PICK/BASIC, htm, called subroutines all within
the htm item. the Coyote web server will extract, compile, and
output on the fly - all within 1 - 3 seconds.

Steve Trimble