DISCLAIMER:
If you have received this email in error, please delete it and notify
the sender immediately.  Please note that there is no guarantee that
this email or any attachment is virus free or has not been intercepted
or amended.

Hello usergroup,

Just submitted this to IBM support, but I thought I'd see if anyone on
here had seen this.

One of our customer sites has just had the UVODBC client driver
installed and noticed that when this is installed software from another
supplier stops working.

The removal of the UVODBC driver means the other software works
perfectly fine again, without reinstalling it.

I have contacted the supplier of the software conflicting with the
UVODBC and they have stated that they use the Seagate Crystal Report
Writer Version 7 (32 bit) ocx within their class application that's
having the problem.

They have sent me a list of all the system files installed with their
application, which I have listed below, in case there are any conflicts
between the UVODBC driver and their system files.

ASYCFILT.DLL
CO2C40EN.DLL
COMCAT.DLL
COMCTL32.OCX
crpaig32.dll
crpe32.dll
CRXLAT32.DLL
crystl32.ocx
DAO2535.TLB
DAO350.DLL
DBGRID32.OCX
DBLIST32.OCX
EXPSRV.DLL
implode.dll
MFC40.DLL
MSEXCL35.dll
MSFLXGRD.OCX
MSJET35.DLL
msjint35.dll
msjter35.dll
MSLTUS35.DLL
MSMASK32.OCX
MSPDOX35.DLL
msrd2x35.dll
MSREPL35.DLL
MSTEXT35.DLL
MSVBVM60.DLL
MSVCRT.DLL
MSVCRT20.DLL
MSVCRT40.DLL
MSXBSE35.DLL
OLEAUT32.DLL
OLEPRO32.DLL
p2bdao.dll
p2ctdao.dll
p2irdao.dll
p2sodbc.dll
PG32.DLL
SCRRUN.DLL
STDOLE2.TLB
TABCTL32.OCX
tdbg5.ocx
THREED32.OCX
u2ddisk.dll
u2dmapi.dll
u2fcr.dll
u2fdif.dll
u2fhtml.dll
u2frec.dll
u2frtf.dll
u2fsepv.dll
u2ftext.dll
u2fwks.dll
u2fwordw.dll
u2fxls.dll
VB5DB.DLL
VB6.OLB
Vb6ext.olb
VBAJET32.DLL
vbar332.dll
VSFLEX7D.oca
Vsflex7d.ocx

Looking at some of the files above, it would seem that their software is
written in VB6, but other than that there's nothing obvious to me. (the
U2 dll's look suspicious, but not sure)

If anyone's able to advise on this I would be grateful.

We have installed the UVODBC on many sites and this is the first time we
have had a problem of this nature.

The Universe version is 10.1.3 and the client driver is the version
that's supplied with 10.1.3

Their server is a Windows server.

Thanks

Andy Moore