1. HP has tech manuals available.  Last time I looked, these books were only
available to be purchased in hard copy.  Check out the hp website or call
HP.

2. What happens to the print job when another HP printer is connected at the
same port?

3. There is PCL4, PCL5, and PCL6.  The flavor may matter.

--Bill

We send PCL codes to our HP printers. I've Googled til I'm blue in the face
and have yet to find a concise list of PCL codes. We have a new 'PCL
compliant' HP printer (HP Laserjet 1320) and I'm under the gun to 'make that
thing work' (never heard that line before? Let's trade places...)

I think the PCL codes must have changed because nothing I send to this
printer (raw driver over Linux) is working. no font changes, pitch
changes...

TIA

Bill Brutzman, Mgr IT
HK MetalCraft Mfg Corp
PO Box 775
35 Industrial Road
Lodi  NJ  07644-0775

973.471.7770 x145 .voice
973.471.9666 .fax

--
Karl L. Pearson
Director of IT,

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/octet-stream which had
a name of Brutzman, Bill.vcf]