From: Mark Johnson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 01 December 2004 08:26
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [U2] Scanner Connection

I have a client using Accuterm with telnet sessions for all the users. One
user has a Bell & Howell multi-page scanner that gets around 100 pages per day
of work orders etc.

That user's emulator is Ve-Client from Visual Pick and they want to re-write
the app with Accuterm and some VB scripting if necessary. My question is where
would someone go to find out how this can be done.

It presently is done in VE with a 9,500 line program (4GL generated code) that
has oodles of includes and gets very busy. It still doesn't do what I would
like and that is for the scanner to write the scanned docs to a temp folder, I
would use Accuterm to load in those filenames and offer them to the user for
proper pc-filenaming to attach to the application.

I would appreciate any insight on this.

Thanks in advance.
Mark Johnson

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the
use of the addressee only. If you have received this message in error, you must
not copy, distribute or disclose the contents; please notify the sender
immediately and delete the message.
This message is attributed to the sender and may not necessarily reflect the
view of Travis Perkins plc or its subsidiaries (Travis Perkins). Agreements
binding Travis Perkins may not be concluded by means of e-mail communication.
E-mail transmissions are not secure and Travis Perkins accepts no
responsibility for changes made to this message after it was sent. Whilst steps
have been taken to ensure that this message is virus free, Travis Perkins
accepts no liability for infection and recommends that you scan this e-mail and
any attachments.
Part of Travis Perkins plc. Registered Office: Lodge Way House, Lodge Way,
Harlestone Road, Northampton, NN5 7UG.