Take off the <<FIRST.SELECTED.ID>> from the DELETE line. Add a DATA Y
before the REPEAT and it should do what you want.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Chauhan, Savita
Sent: 08 December 2004 14:54
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [U2][UD] How to access a particular ID in a select list

Hi,
Is there a way to access a particular ID in a select list?

I want to write a para to do the following:
Select a file with certain Ids and delete these selected records.

I was thinking of writing something like the following (to delete all
the records whose ID is greater than 5, say), but don't know what to
replace <<FIRST.SELECTED.ID>> with in the following:

LOOP
SELECT XCF.SAV.TEST WITH @ID > 5
IF @SYSTEM.RETURN.CODE = 0 THEN GO DONE
DELETE XCF.SAV.TEST <<FIRST.SELECTED.ID>>
REPEAT
DONE:

Is there a system variable that stores all the IDs in the select list?

Thanks
Savita.

The information contained in this email is strictly confidential and for the
use of the addressee only, unless otherwise indicated. If you are not the
intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose to others this
message or any attachment. Please also notify the sender by replying to this
email or by telephone +44 (0)20 7896 0011 and then delete the email and any
copies of it. Opinions, conclusions (etc.) that do not relate to the official
business of this company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by
it.  IG Markets Limited and IG Index Plc are authorised and regulated by the
Financial Services Authority and, in Australia, by the Australian Securities
and Investments Commission.