There is a DOM for Word, a DOM for Excel, and a DOM for Accuterm. You have the definition right but too limited in scope.
BobJ
----- Original Message ----- From: "gerry-u2ug" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 23, 2004 6:11 PM
Subject: RE: [U2] Where Will the .NET Apps Live ?

>-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of BobJ
Sent: Thursday, December 23, 2004 02:27 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org

snip

I almost understood OOP - and got a few things running. Now I'm struggling
with VB in many different manifestations and finding power that I had no
idea existed. Manifestations? VBS, VBA, VB, VB.NET - each is the same and
each is different. The differences are partly in the DOM and partly in the
product of the compile - or the lack of a compile in the cases of VBS and
VBA.

Sorry for my ignorance , but what exactly do you mean by DOM ?
The only software related definition of DOM that I know of is Document Object Model referring specifically to either XML or HTML document modelling and I don't see how DOM even remotely relates to differences in versions of VB. So I assume that you have an entirely different definition for DOM.

Just curious.

Gerry