Hey Mike - what's with the BlueFinity label, why not just send them here?:
http://www.jbase.com/products/mvnet.html

Now I'm confused about mv.NET.  The diagrams and details make it look like
a class library but the text in the bluefinity website makes it look like a
RAD environment nested within Visual Studio.  At some point there the line
blurs between "we provide this function" and "we provide the tool that
allows you to create this function".  Can you clarify where this product
positions itself?

Oh well, we don't really get hot babes when we buy a car either.

To answer Bill's question - yes - depending on how you code it, the
back-end can be platform and technology independent of the client.