Are the DATE.FORMAT settings the same on both machines?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Schalk van Zyl
Sent: 13 January 2005 07:13
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] UV: Select statement problem

Any active Index? Indices up to date on both boxes?

Schalk van Zyl

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 13:45:13 -0500, Dianne Ackerman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Is it possible that the UV accounts you're running on are different
> flavors?  SELECTs in different flavors definitely work differently.
> -Dianne
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>> I have come across a problem with select statements behaving
differently
>> between my two RISC boxes.
>>
>> I have two RS6000 machines : one for production and the other for
>> development.
>>
>> Both UV 10.0.14 and AIX 5.2
>>
>> While testing a program change on the development box, I came across
>> situation where a SELECT statement gave me different results when
>> compared
>> to production.  To get around this, I had to break up the SELECT
>> statement
>> into two parts.
>>
>> My question is: "Is there a setting somewhere that is not in synch
>> between
>> production and development machines that could cause this. If so,
what?"

>> Please accept the fact that the contents of the SELECT statement are
>> good
>> (I'd rather not  explain the definitions of the dictionary items or
the
>> contents of the phrase "PHRASE"
>>

>> 0117:       STATEMENT = 'SELECT DB.PSES WITH SUB.ID = "':ACTUAL.ID:'"

>> AND
>> WITH  TRANS.DT = "" AND WITH ISSUE.DT <= "':ISSUE.DT:'" AND WITH
>> ACCOUNT #
>> 600 AND WITH ACCOUNT # 506 AND WITH @ID UNLIKE DEL... ':PHRASE
>>
>> 0118:       STATEMENT:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:"SAVE.LIST
>> PSES.TAPE.":ISSUE.DT:".":SUB.ID
>>
>> 0119:       EXECUTE STATEMENT
>>
>> 0 record(s) selected to SELECT list #0.
>>
>> 0 record(s) SAVEd to SELECT list "PSES.TAPE.03/31/02.M".
>>

>> This does work:
>>

>> 0117:       STATEMENT = 'SELECT DB.PSES WITH SUB.ID = "':ACTUAL.ID:'"

>> AND
>> WITH  TRANS.DT = "" AND WITH ISSUE.DT <= "':ISSUE.DT:'"'
>>
>> 0118: STATEMENT:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:'SELECT DB.PSES  WITH ACCOUNT # 600 AND
>> WITH
>> ACCOUNT #
>> 506   AND WITH @ID UNLIKE DEL... ':PHRASE:' SELECT.ONLY'
>>
>> 0119:       STATEMENT:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:"SAVE.LIST
>> PSES.TAPE.":ISSUE.DT:".":SUB.ID
>>
>> 0120:       EXECUTE STATEMENT
>>
>> 265 record(s) selected to SELECT list #0.
>>
>> 265 record(s) selected to SELECT list #0.
>>
>> 265 record(s) SAVEd to SELECT list "PSES.TAPE.03/31/02.M".
>>

>> On my production machine, the first statement works and yields the
same
>> results as the second statement from development
>>

>> Thanks
>>
>> Jim

Schalk van Zyl

GWK BEPERK/LIMITED (REG: 1997/022252/06)
POSBUS 47 PO BOX 8730
DOUGLAS

Direkteure/Directors: NB Jacobs, FJ Lawrence, J v/d S Botes,
JH Coetzee, JGD Smit, JF Jacobs, AO M|ller, JW Smit,
WG M|lke, JG Stander, JH van Dyk(MD/BD), JG Jacobs, A M|ller, M van Zyl,
Sekr/Secr: E van Niekerk.

Hierdie e-pos is onderworpe aan 'n vrywaring beskikbaar by:
http://www.gwk.co.za/DisclaimerVrywaring.asp
This e-mail is subjected to the disclaimer that can be viewed at:
http://www.gwk.co.za/DisclaimerVrywaring.asp

The information contained in this email is strictly confidential and for the
use of the addressee only, unless otherwise indicated. If you are not the
intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose to others this
message or any attachment. Please also notify the sender by replying to this
email or by telephone +44 (0)20 7896 0011 and then delete the email and any
copies of it. Opinions, conclusions (etc.) that do not relate to the official
business of this company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by
it.  IG Markets Limited and IG Index Plc are authorised and regulated by the
Financial Services Authority and, in Australia, by the Australian Securities
and Investments Commission.