I've just installed a copy of UV 10.1 on a virtual Win2K3 server. That's
working fine.

I've also installed a copy of the matching UVAdmin program on my pc. That seems
to be working fine, in as much as when I try to talk to our UV 9.5 box, it
rejects my login with "you must be an administrator".

The trouble is, when I try to connect to UV10.1, it fails with "no rpc
connection active". Seeing as this box is useless until I can get UVAdmin to
connect to change the default settings, this is a major stumbling block!

Any ideas, anyone?

Two possible factors - I used my normal id (not Administrator) to do the
install (I was given administrator rights, not sure I'm happy about that...),
and I installed everything on the server in "c:\progra~1\IBM" rather than the
default "c:\ibm". Could either of these two have anything to do with it?

Cheers,
Wol