From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 10:05 AM
To: 'u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org'
Subject: [U2] UV-piopen TRANS function

We are doing a conversion from PI/Open v3.5.r3 on a Prime EXL (mips) to
universe 10.1.4 on AIX 5.3, All the occurrences of the TRANS function
return
the "wrong" answer, and appear to be lowered. Simple testing indicates
that
using the RAISE function in front of the TRANS expression returns the
correct result. However, we have thousands of occurrences of such in
dictionary I-descriptors. Do you know of any "global" way to tell uv to
not
require the use of RAISE to produce the correct answer in this
case. Or, do you know of a replacement function that will work the way
needed? I have searched the archives and found one homegrown subroutine
but
I can't seem to get it work reliably.

Thanks for any help.

Andrea Charles