I've just started at a new site running D3 7.2.1.RS on AIX and the REMOVE
statement doesn't compile at all! It's very annoying as it's a very
convenient way of processing dynamic arrays and with larger arrays far more
efficient than counting the markers and FOR... NEXTing through it. I'm
suprised that REMOVE isn't universal amongst U2 BASICs.

Regards,
Chris

Bill writes -
In UniData and D3 the "REMOVE" statement looks like:

REMOVE variable FROM dynamic.array AT position.variable SETTING
delimiter.variable

This allows the explicit setting of the pointer, without resorting to
reinitialization by reassigning the array variable.  I've always just
assigned "Position.Variable" prior to doing any "REMOVE" stuff.  But then,
UniVerse is sometimes a different animal.  :-)

Checked by MimeSweeper Thu, 20 Jan 2005 14:56:43 -0000