Mike Randall wrote:
> Can it send html formatted messages as well as standard
> text messages?   If so, what's required for them?

[ad]
After listening to people ask about e-mail solutions for years and hearing
the typical responses that invitably have issues (AccuTerm, wIntegrate,
Blat, mutt, sendmail...) I wrote NebulaMail which exposes a 100% MV BASIC
interface to send mail from your Linux or Windows server.
- There is no configuration of MTA's and no reliance on the client PC's for
a specific terminal emulator or MUA.
- It exposes a consistent API to BASIC and handles OS- and DBMS-specific
hooks, so there's no need to recode your application to support different
platforms.
- It supports multiple To, CC, BCC, unique ReplyTo, display addresses which
are different from the mailing addresses, Organization header, multiple
attachments with unique and properly identified MIME types, and yes, HTML
or text.
- It intelligently handles and reports a multitude of server error -
compared to home grown solutions that simply abort or leave the end-user
wondering if their mail went out.
- I've recently extended NebulaMail to function as a POP3 client, so it
reads mail from your server as well as sending it out, which allows for
automated inquiry processing, mail filtering, and many other functions.  My
clients are using NebulaMail exclusively over D3 at the moment but I did
port an earlier version to Unidata.  If you aren't in a rush, I need to
finish some projects and will port the current release to Unidata again.
- NebulaMail comes with full documentation and a library of working
examples which can be copy/pasted into your app for almost instant
functionality.  VARs, ask about free installation assistance.
- Finally, the software is supported and will continue to be enhanced,
leaving you to focus on your business application rather than on a
multitude of tools and protocols - This is the basic model behind all
Nebula R&D offerings.
[/ad]

Thanks for your time.
Tony Gravagno, Nebula R&D
TG at alwaysremovethispartNebula-RND dottie com