The words "thread safe" leap to mind. If there are multiple threads and no locks then mangling could be expected if a later launched thread assaults part of the array before the earlier launched thread writes it back. Just a thought.
BobJ
----- Original Message ----- From: "Martin Scholl" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
Sent: Sunday, January 23, 2005 9:31 PM
Subject: [U2] UniObjects and VB.Net

I am using UniObjects ( the pre .Net version) in a VB.Net ASP.Net
application.

I am populating a UniDynArray with a file parser. The Array is large, more
then 300 attributes.
When I run this parser, my array is mangled. Attribute contents are mixed
with each other, attribute counts don't match with what I wrote in the code.

When I run the code in the debugger, nice and slowly, I don't see a problem,
only that sometimes it takes a second or to, for the UniDynArray to come
back from a call. But when I run full speed, the mangling happens.

It looks like VB.NET starts several threads to deal with UniObjects, does
not wait until the thread is finished and then mangles the different pieces.
Sometimes I get System.Runtime.InterOp.COMExceptions.

Has anybody had similar problems?  Found Work-arounds?

I can't move over to Uodotnet yet. THere is too much code. I though of
parsing my file into a Uodotnet.UniDynArray but then I saw that I can't even
initialize a .Net UniDynArray with a session object.
Martin Scholl
President HIPAAsuite
18910 New Hampshire Ave
Brinklow, MD 20862