I can't seem to find it now but I'm sure I read in the release notes for
one of the new releases that a user name can be specified at the command
line when launching a phantom now.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Buss, Troy
(Logitek Systems)
Sent: 25 January 2005 02:20
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] [UV] Run phantom as another user

Is there a way to run a phantom process as another user using the
PHANTOM command?

We have a situation where we have a background phantom process
periodically monitoring a directory on another server.  But, when the
user that launched the phantom processor changes their password, the
file open fails (due to expired credentials).   We would like to have
the phantom process 'run as' another user account that has the minimum
access it needs where the password does not ever expire and create the
failed open file problem.

We are simply opening the file as a "F" voc pointer with line 2
"\\server\sharename\directory".  The universe config parameter ALLOWNFS
is set to 1.

Thanks!

-Troy

The information contained in this email is strictly confidential and for the
use of the addressee only, unless otherwise indicated. If you are not the
intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose to others this
message or any attachment. Please also notify the sender by replying to this
email or by telephone +44 (0)20 7896 0011 and then delete the email and any
copies of it. Opinions, conclusions (etc.) that do not relate to the official
business of this company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by
it.  IG Markets Limited and IG Index Plc are authorised and regulated by the
Financial Services Authority and, in Australia, by the Australian Securities
and Investments Commission.