Sorry to bug the list with this.

Setting the block size on the tape to match the block size on the backup seems
to be the key here.  8192 works much better than 512...

Thanks, things are restoring nicely now.

Don Kibbey
Financial Systems Manager
Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner LLP

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 02/16/05 11:39AM >>>
I'm currently making an archive copy of our system using uvrestore.  I'm
attempting to build the archive with a uvbackup tape made on an HP-UX system.
I"m building the archive on a windows box running xp (it has a 2 user
development license).  I've noticed that during the uvrestore session I"m
getting some odd errors that just don't seem right.  Here's a screen dump of
them.

Warning: Access list denial: Function UVBACKUP, File d:\dbms\DATA1\LMS\DBF.XMT
WARNING: Unable to open file 'd:\dbms\DATA1\LMS\DBF.XMT'.  Not restored.
 Restoring /dbms/DATA1/LMS/AT.CLIENT.HIST (08:57:56)
         as  d:\dbms\DATA1\LMS\AT.CLIENT.HIST

Is there something that I have to do besides the following command to get this
to work?

uvrestore -t mt0 -F /dbms=d:\dbms -U -v

Thanks,