What is the price of a single Universe License?  We also get our UV from a
software VAR.

Is there some payment arrangement that could be made so that us 'out-house'
programmers could have access to U2TechConnect?

The main reason I subscribe to U2UG.ORG is to try and learn more about U2 by
lurking in these shadows.
No thanks to our VAR that I was able to cajole a copy of the ODBC software
from some poor help desk person in Oklahoma.. I did have our UV Lic# which
helped convince him to send me a CD-ROM. Our VAR has despicable file
structure and of-course vehemently denies any of their clients from
acquiring the ODBC drivers. But thanks to the U2 dictionary power and some
other 3rd party U2 consultant we got our web site interacting with U2.

Now 2 years later, I am starting to like U2 and the VAR software really is
quite powerful.