-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Peter Ivanick
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 9:13 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] saving &SAVEDLISTS& files unintentionally

Hola -

In preparation for our migration we're trying to clean up a lot of cruft
  on our old syustem that's no longer necessary, and so we're sorting
through the &SAVEDLISTS& directories for temporary files that are no
longer needed (some of them are, apparently, in constant use). Many of
the files there, typically labelled as &&S.username.somethingelse are
apparently triggered by some internal processes, as most of these users
never have access to the TCL prompt.

According to our PICK developer there's a switch/setting in UniVerse
that determines whether these files get written out & saved if not
explicitly meant to be, but I'm not sure where to look in the docs for
this (nothing on savedlists in admin & uniadmin pdfs) - any pointers to
what to look for in the docs and/or whether/how we can change this
behavior so there's less housekeeping in the future would be greatly
appreciated, as always.

Thanks very much for any help.

--
Peter Ivanick