From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 11:07 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] UV migration

Hi,

Me again... Another thought occurred to me. You were saying this wasn't
getting used all that often anymore. I take it this is just more or less
for reference from time to time. Would it be feasible to move the data
to a PC? You'd have limited access to it. I know you mentioned they
weren't likely to put money out to upgrade to a new version of UV. And
with the costs of UV licenses, I can't say that I'd blame them. BUT,
there is a UniVerse Personal Edition that may be the trick for you. It
doesn't come with support, but you can find support other places
(contractors, VARs, etc. - I actually do a little of that in the
healthcare field where I came from on the side as time permits). The UV
Personal Edition runs on a RedHat Linux and Windows. I think it allows 2
simultaneous connections to it.

Link to IBM's UV site: http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data/u2/universe/

The PE version has been temporarily removed from the site, but it is
possible to get a hold of them. I might still have a CD around, or may
be able to get it. I'm dealing with UD more at the moment.

Does this sound like something that may be of use?

Robert