LeRoy,

Perhaps I don't fully understand your example, but I don't see the
distinction here.  If I have a webpage that sends a request to the U2
database (via any method mentioned in this thread) and waits for it's
response then goes on with it's own life each web site vistor would only
be using the database services for the duration of the request.  Now if I
have a service (phantom) that is trying to service these web requests it
can only service one at a time. Stated another way only one web-user is
accessing the database at a time.  Are you saying that this violates the
license?

I can understand your position only if each of the web sessions maintains
some kind of persistent connection to the database.  A request/response
messaging system should not violate the concurrent license restrictions.

BTW, thank you for posting in this thread.  I don't think I have seen
another IBM person respond (if I missed one I apologize)

Rich Taylor | Senior Programmer/Analyst| VERTIS
250 W. Pratt Street | Baltimore, MD 21201
P 410.361.8688 | F 410.528.0319
[EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.vertisinc.com

Vertis is the premier provider of targeted advertising, media, and
marketing services that drive consumers to marketers more effectively.

"The more they complicate the plumbing
  the easier it is to stop up the drain"

- Montgomery Scott NCC-1701

Craig,

Since MQ is designed to be send and forget technology, and because you can
have multiple listeners, there is nothing to stop you, and is, in fact,
the
purpose of the technology. However, remember that if you are using MQ as a
means of users communicating with the database in the scenario you
describe, you are using MQ as a de facto connection pool and violating
your
U2 license agreement if you don't have the equivalent number of U2
licenses
that match the interactive users.

Regards,

LeRoy F. Dreyfuss