<quote who="Mats Carlid">
> Oops  the paste didn't work as expected -
> looked good but disappeared when sending -
> but here it goes:
>
> Mats Carlid wrote:
>
> To check the domain I use:
>
>   EXECUTE  \SH -c "nslookup -q=MB \:DOMAIN:\"\ CAPTURING RESULT

nslookup is 'going away' and is only maintained for compatibility. I would
recommend using the 'host' or 'dig' commands instead. When I run nslookup,
I get this:

Note:  nslookup is deprecated and may be removed from future releases.
Consider using the `dig' or `host' programs instead.  Run nslookup with
the `-sil[ent]' option to prevent this message from appearing.

Of course, your mileage may vary, depending on your OS. Plus, some OSes
don't even have dig (AIX for one).

Karl

>   IF (INDEX(RESULT,"Non-existent",1)) THEN
>      ERR.M = " Mejladressens domdn finns inte! "
>      RETURN (1)
>      END
>

>>this for unix only  and You may have to add the path to nslookup.
>>
>>If  someone does not understand the swedish message   - if any -    :)
>>it translates to "Nonexistent mail adress domain"
>>
>>-- mats
>>-------

Karl L. Pearson
Director of IT,