Ian Stuart wrote:

> Compare this to OOo response:  After being elated about the
> success of the JDBC patch in OOo I found a problem updating tables via

> JDBC, so I posted an issue.  Not 1 hour later I get a meaningful
> response along these lines:

This isn't anything specific to OpenOffice, it happens daily in dozens
of open source projects.  And it completely spoils you for "traditional"
software support. ;)

I'm now used to being able to talk to the developers of whatever it is
I'm using, have learned to ask good questions, and I expect to be taken
seriously.  Contrast that with having to fight your way through
first-level phone support in order to get to someone who *might* know
the answer when you have a problem with commercial software.

I haven't used the JDBC driver, but I have had issues with UniObjects
for Java that were only solved by begging for help here on the list, not
through official support channels.

--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.