-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, May 07, 2005 12:32 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] Dynamic File Performance

In a message dated 5/6/2005 4:31:11 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> The situation is that a client is experiencing periodic system 'crawl'
> where everything slows right down and the login process is completely
> stopped.
> One thing that I noticed is that there have been a number files converted to
> dynamic files and I was wondering if this could be the culprit.

My guess is that it is your indexes that are the problem.
You can look at the detail of the indexes.  Make sure you don't any nodes
that have tens of thousands of keys in them (or worse).

Another possibility is that you have virus scanning running on the same
server as the UV files.  This is a bad bad thing.
Will Johnson
Fast Forward Technologies