[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> George,
>
> It really matters what flavor you're running.

Which nobody has explained :-)

> If you run a flavor that puts the overspill in element zero, you may be ok.
> If you run a flavor that puts the overspill into the last element, that
> might mess up any accesses to that element in the existing code.

"true" Pick arrays cannot be redimensioned, and put any excess into the last
element (this presumably includes UV's "true pick" flavours).

INFORMATION arrays can be redimensioned, have an element 0, and put any excess
in there. Presumably the PI flavours of UV (and iirc IDEAL) do that.

Note that even with a two-dimensional array, there is only one element 0, that
has to be accessed as (0,0) (if one index is zero, the other one has to be, too)

> Brian

Cheers,
Wol