Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 10:41:58 +0200
From: "Manu Fernandes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [U2] [uv]CREATE.FILE syntax for remote directories

Hi all,

Question : Is there a way to specify a full path+filename  instead a
filename in the CREATE.FILE command ?

To have files created  into other directory like the current.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Manu Fernandes
Infodata S.`r.l.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 10:51:51 +0100
From: "Martin Phillips" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Question : Is there a way to specify a full path+filename  instead a
> filename in the CREATE.FILE command ?

No but the underlying operating system level program that does the
CREATE.FILE can do this.

      /usr/uv/bin/mkdbfile pathname type modulo separation
(with the appropriate path on the mkdbfile program)

It is relatively easy to wrap a bit of Basic around this and build your own
CREATE.PATH verb.

Martin Phillips
Ladybridge Systems
17b Coldstream Lane, Hardingstone, Northampton NN4 6DB
+44-(0)1604-709200