<quote who="CDMI">
> Anyone had experience with moving from mvBASE to Unidata via the VTF
> (virtual tape file) backup method provided by mvBASE ?
>
> FYI: the vtf is basically a tape file written to disk. mvBASE uses the
> same
> 'file-save', 'account-save', 't-dump' commands to tape as well as to VTFs.

What about ftping the vtf to the other system, then using the Unix dd
command to write the file to tape. I've done this with systems in the past
and had success after monkeying around with block sizes, etc...

I offer this assuming you are on Unix. If not, you could install CygWin on
the WIN Server.

HTH,

Karl

> Thanks in advance,