One I can thing of, and I normally work on UV and prefer, is that you
can debug programs which interact with file which have triggers on them.
In UV this is not possible and is seen as an enhancement!

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, 25 June 2005 1:46 a.m.
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: RE: [U2] Custom Functions

Well, the idea was to produce something that could be called as a
function from basic, because the function calling syntax is cool and
convenient in a lot of cases, but that could also be used in a I-type.
For things to work in SUBR in an i-type, you need that extra parameter.
Of course you could maintain two versions--a simple function, and then a
subroutine wrapper around the function to use in the i-type. I was
trying to avoid that.
And, if you're using universe, you can just use the function in the
i-type anyway.

The more I see of it, the more unidata feels like universe's really poor
relative.
Which begs the question--given a choice, why would one pick unidata over
universe?