I just used the 'stopsmm -r' command with version 6.1.10 on HP-UX and it
worked as advertised for both a number of users licensed update and for
an Authorization update.  It certainly is nice to avoid the headaches a
restart.

My only comment is that if this handy way to bypass a restart has been
around since 5.0.1, which I believe was GA in 2000, it should have it
made it into the documentation by now, namely "Installing and Licensing
UniData 6.1 Products".  We skipped version 5.0, going from 4.1 to 5.2,
so we never saw that readme.

Dean Armbruster
Ferguson Enterprises, Inc.