<quote who="George Gallen">
> Just a thought. When the initial HTTP connection is made, does
> it run a third part software for downloading? Otherwise at that
> point, you could capture the IP address, the question is how do
> you tie the java login to the http session.

The java client is third party (open source). I've emailed the authors and
they aren't willing to adjust the source because of the ramifications
which might affect others. The client has 2 options: telnet (23) and SSH
(22). We use the SSH option for clients that don't allow outbound telnet.

Another point: The HTTP server isn't the same server as our business
system. The SSH server isn't the same one as our HTTP server, so 3
different servers in our network handle the calls depending on the access
point/method.

> Or possibly setup two telnet ports, and only download the second
> telnet port applet to those you want to no logout as fast. So if
> the connection was made say, on port 2323 you know to not logout
> but if the port is 23 then regular. This would be regardless
> of the source IP address.

Because we allow our clients acces through whatever telnet client they
want to use, changing the port wouldn't really help because they wouldn't
know where to change to port or how. Changing the java port isn't an
option.