Have you tried using PrcView? It's free and is much better at killing (as well as viewing) processes than the Windows Task Manager.

HTH,
David Beahm

Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:02:37 +0100
From: "Anthony W. Youngman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [U2] Basic questions from a noob

<snip>

Okay - the fix. I found that Task Manager couldn't kill it directly ("End Process" doesn't work), but if you right-click the task then one of the options is "debug". Selecting this would crash the process, getting rid of it that way.

I think the worst mess I've had to clean up was when we had three or four such rogue processes - because they ate up so much cpu it was very slow to kill each one, and only when there was only one left did response speed up.

Cheers,
Wol