Some platforms (mvEnterprise I believe) distinguish between a GET.LIST
verb that only works on the pointer-file, and a GLIST verb that works
from anyfile. If you don't want to change the flavor setting on the
GET.LIST verb (although that sounds like a good way to go) you could
easily write your own GLIST verb using QSELECT and temporary q-pointers.
Then you could take your code, and your GLIST to any platform or flavor
and have it all work as expected.