Pankaj,

    The ^ is used in the editor to say that you are
entering an ASCII value, not to indicate a control character. If you want
to enter ^X (meaning control X), you would say ^024 (which is the 24th
ASCII character, which is control X). Control M would be ^013.

--

Charles Barouch

[EMAIL PROTECTED] - Consulting

[EMAIL PROTECTED] - ETL/Migration/Integration

(718) 762-3884x1

Pankaj Gupta04 wrote:

> Hi,

> I want to enter the following lines in a record of Type 30 file.

> ^XA

> ^MUD

> But as soon as I try to insert them, I get an error message:
"Illegal

> up-arrow character code. Range is "000" through
"255", excluding

> "254"."

> Can anyone tell me how to enter "^XA" as an attribute of a
record of

> Type 30 file?

> Thanks in advance.

> Regards,

> Pankaj Gupta

> solely

> for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended
recipient,

> please

> notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further,
you

> are

> not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to
any

> other

> person and any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain
viruses.

> Infosys has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk,
but

> is

> not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any virus in
this

> e-mail. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening the

> e-mail

> or attachment. Infosys reserves the right to monitor and review the

> content of

> all messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or
from