-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Morawa, Hans
Sent: Monday, 18 July 2005 4:24 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] I-type Help

All,

It's been awhile since I've created dictionary items for handling
multi-value items. I've been  trying to create an i-type which tests a
multi-value field to see if it has a "-" in position 1. If true I want
the system to display "N/Stock" otherwise print the "value". When the
field has just one value my i-type works fine. When there is more than
one it fails.

My i-type is,

IF SUBR('-SUBSTRINGS',A2,1,1) = "-" THEN "N/STOCK" ELSE A2

Output from the file without the i-type looks like this,

LIST PO A2 14:14:15  18-07-05  PAGE 1

578842        -205 LTR DRUMS OF RANDO HD68 HYD OIL

                   -205 LTR DRUMS OF RANDO HD32 HYD OIL

M568949/1     -DATA CARD HOLDERS, 06516417.  PACK OF 10

C575286/1     017917**

Output using the i-type,

LIST PO PMFID 14:15:51  18-07-05  PAGE 1

*578842        -205 LTR DRUMS OF RANDO HD68 HYD OIL

*                 -205 LTR DRUMS O F RANDOHD32 HYD OIL

 M568949/1   N/STOCK

 C575286/1   017917**

*  As you can see the first two lines of the query above is incorrect as
I should read,

578842        N/STOCK

                   N/STOCK

Thanks,

Hans

---
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential to the
intended
recipient and may be privileged. If you have received this email
inadvertently
or you are not the intended recipient, you may not disseminate, distribute,
copy or in any way rely on it. Further, you should notify the sender
immediately and delete the email from your computer. Whilst we have taken
precautions to alert us to the presence of computer viruses, we cannot
guarantee that this email and any files transmitted with it are free from
such
viruses.